...Yesterday, Lexi was feeding her baby, just like a good mommy would do. Thayne and I were in the front room and Lexi was roaming between the front room and the kitchen. She'd been in the kitchen for a while and we really didn't think too much about it. She plays in the kitchen quite often and for long periods of time.
She soon came back into the front room with a piece of chicken nugget covered in ranch on her fork. (She has to dip everything she eats in ranch.) Thayne decided to help her back into the kitchen with her ranch covered fork. He started laughing and said that I needed to come in there and see what Lexi had done. Honestly, I thought the worst...She had spilled ranch all over the rug or maybe drawn a picture with her ranch all over the table or something disasterous.
Actually, she had taken her baby and placed her in the highchair. The baby had ranch all over it's mouth and even some on it's clothes (luckily, it can go in the washing machine). As we watched Lexi for a minute, she proceeded to try to put the fork with ranch covered chicken nugget into the baby's mouth. And then, she looked up at Thayne and me and said, "Mmmmm...." as if the baby really enjoyed her ranch and chicken nugget. I couldn't help but laugh. She is going to be a great big sister in just a few months. I won't be surprised if the new baby ever has ranch on it's face-I'll know where it came from.
No comments:
Post a Comment