So, I realize that Eagle Mountain is out in the desert...really, it's out there. So, this evening, I decided to take Lexi out for a short little walk while Thayne was shooting his bow in our backyard. Yes, it's the backyard. Behind our house is a big field, eventually I think they'll build houses back there, but for right now it's just a big field. So, hunting season starts next month, so he is shooting his bow to prepare for the hunt that starts August 15th. I hear about it almost on a daily basis...But, I honestly don't mind it. As a matter of fact, on Sunday, we drove up to the mountains to check out where he hopes to be hunting deer in August. It was a nice drive and I even enjoyed our short walk to look for deer.
Anyway, the point of this whole thing was my walk tonight...There is a walking trail that runs behind our house and throughout the entire neighborhood. While Thayne was shooting his bow in the backyard, I decided to walk down the trail for a little bit. I honestly have never seen so many grasshoppers in my whole life. I am a huge bug freak...I hate them. So, it was almost hard to enjoy the walk because every step you took there was like 10 grasshoppers that had to jump out of the way. Crazy!
On the other hand, I enjoy the wildlife in this desert I call home. In our windowwell, there are 14 frogs. Well, I guess that they're toads. We have 2 big ones and 12 babies. But, that number grows every day. I actually enjoy those toads in my windowwell because I think they eat many of the bugs that are living around here. I love the desert!
No comments:
Post a Comment